Please be aware that we have currently suspended the menu and are only offering the school packed lunch as an option with a choice of sandwich filling: chicken, tuna or cheese. This is to facilitate the change to how school lunchtimes are organised in line with government guidelines. We will resume the 3-weekly menu in November, all being well.
The menu is on a three week cycle. For each day, there is a red option, meat or fish; a green option, vegetarian; a yellow option, cold meal (e.g. a cheese roll); or, a white option, jacket potato with cheese and/or beans.
The children will choose their choice of meal during morning registration.
This scheme ensures your child can select a meal they will enjoy, rather than their favourite option running out before their class come into the dining hall to eat lunch. Nutritional information can be found on the Herts Catering Limited website.
Currently, the cost is £2.60 per meal for children in Years 3-6, unless your child is entitled to free school meals, in which case there is no charge.
Our preferred method of payment for school dinners is via the SchoolGateway app.
Universal Free School Meals (Reception, Year 1 & Year 2)
Regardless of household income, all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 can get a free meal at school during lunchtime. However, if you receive any of the benefits listed below in the next section, you should click here to apply for free school meals as this will allow your child to get free school milk each day and the school will receive extra money to help children with their learning.
Free School Meals (Years 3-6)
If you have a child in Year 3, 4, 5 or 6, and you receive any of the benefits listed below, your child could get a free school meal each day at lunchtime:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don't get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Click here to apply today if you receive any of the benefits listed above. It takes 5 minutes and in most cases, you will find out straightaway if your child can get free meals at school.
If you have any questions, please telephone the school office on 01992 624099 to ask for help about applying for free school meals.