At Hurst Drive Primary School, we are committed to our 'Success for All' school motto. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity - celebrating the ways in which we are each different while highlighting the many ways in which we are all the same.
The Equality Act 2010 sets out the duty of public bodies, including schools to have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act,
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it,
- Foster good relations across all characteristics - between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
As part of this, the school selects some objectives to achieve over a four-year period to show our commitment to the Equality Act 2010 and these objectives, which you may read about below, focus on areas where we wish to take action to improve equality and tackle discrimination. This should be read alongside our Equality Information and Objectives Policy as well as our other related policies:
- Accessibility plan
- Charging and Remissions
- Health and Safety Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Policy
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Needs Policy
- Anti-bullying policy
On a yearly basis, we will review the objectives, possibly adding further objectives if needed, all as part of our aim to ensure success for each and every child in our school.