Why do we hold assemblies?
- To provide a focal point for the school curriculum and school-wide initiatives;
- To celebrate individual, class and whole-school achievement;
- To promote British values, particularly mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith; and,
To serve as a regular forum for sharing messages that contribute to the continuing improvement of the school;
To provide opportunities for self-reflection;
To develop a community spirit.
What are the expectations for school assemblies?
Each assembly should:-
- Promote a sense of awe and wonder about the world;
- Affirm positive values, including school values and the British values;
- Encourage responsibility for making personal decisions;
- Celebrate achievement and special occasions; and,
- Be tailored towards the age and experiences of the audience to develop pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) knowledge and understanding.