PGL - Year 6 Residential Trip
We have e-mailed Year 6 parents/carers the PowerPoint used in today's meeting about PGL. The main points to keep in mind are listed below:
- Which adults are attending the trip?
Miss Bracken, Deputy Headteacher; Miss Griffiths, Year 6 Teacher; Mr Flanagan, Year 3 Teacher; Mrs Chanter, Higher-Level Teaching Assistant; and, Mrs Lloyd, Safeguarding Coordinator.
- What happens on Wednesday 26th June when the children leave and on Friday 28th June when they return?
Children should come to school wearing a suitable outfit as they will be taking part in outdoor activities as soon as they arrive at PGL Liddington. Children should arrive at school for around 8:40am and gather in the hall with their luggage and their parents/carers. The coach will leave school at around 9:30am and parents/carers are welcome to wait and see the children off on their journey.
The children are due to return on the Friday at around 4:00pm. We will message parents/carers if traffic congestion means the children and staff are delayed in getting back to school. We will apologise now for any delay.
- What should my child pack in their bag/s or suitcase?
Your child should pack the following items:
- 2 daytime outfits (e.g. jogging bottoms and long-sleeved tops etc.)
- 2 evening outfits (e.g. jeans and t-shirt, summer dress etc.)
- 4 lots of underwear and 4 pairs of socks that cover ankles
- 2 pairs of trainers - preferably 1 old pair that may get muddy/wet
- 1 raincoat
- 1 baseball cap or sunhat (optional)
- 2 towels
- 1 reusable water bottle
- 1 labelled bin bag for their dirty clothes
- 1 wash bag containing the following items: toothbrush, toothpaste, roll-on deodorant, shower gel, shampoo, hair ties (optional), brush/comb (optional) and hair products (optional)
- £5 maximum spending money for the PGL gift shop
- Snacks - but please don't give your child too many snacks as they will be fed at PGL!
- Can my child bring their mobile phone?
No child is allowed to bring their mobile phone. We want the children to focus on being social with one another and enjoying the activities. The members of staff attending each have an iPad and will take lots of photos and video clips that will be placed on the school's Facebook page.
Please know that we have your contact details and if there was an emergency, day or night, we would telephone the number/s you have provided.
- What activities will the children be doing?
The children will be taking part in the following activities: canoeing, climbing, campfire activities, giant swing, challenge course, archery, zip wire, crate challenge and a sensory trail.
If you have any other questions or queries, please speak to your child's teacher or any member of staff in the school office. We know that sending your child on a residential trip can be worrying but we know your children will have a great time and the school staff will take very good care of each and every child.